The Valley View is a favorite in our wallbed line, it is a versatile style that complements a beach, country, French or Spanish style room.
There are so many wood selections and finishes to choose from, it is truly up to your imagination. You can and side piers or a desk to make this lovely wallbed fit your specific needs.
*The price quoted on all sizes of Murphy Wallbeds is the starting price and piers are not included. Please call for desk and pier pricing.
Why buy your Murphy Wallbed from Comfort Zone Sleep Gallery?
Murphy Wallbeds were founded on the spring-loaded system that is still in use today. We use a piston mechanism that allows our beds to be attached to the studs in your wall. It's not only our superior mechanism that our customers love, but also the fact that in the construction of our Murphy Wallbeds, NO PARTICLE BOARD OR MELAMINE IS USED. We use both solid wood and veneer core furniture grade plywood in the construction of our wallbeds.
- What is the building and delivery time frame of my Murphy Wallbed?
- Murphy Wallbeds are built to order and typically take 8-10 weeks for delivery
- Do you need to remove baseboard?
- All Murphy Wallbeds come with a cut out at base to accommodate standard baseboard of 1" deep x 6" high. If more room is needed to accommodate custom baseboards please indicate in the Delivery and Installation Questionnaire.
- Will the Murphy Wallbed fit in my home?
- Standard ceiling height is 8' or 96" all Murphy Wallbeds are designed to fit in a standard ceiling height.
- Do you rent or own?
- Murphy Wallbeds are secured to the wall via the studs, if you rent be sure this modification is allowed.
- Is a mattress included in the price of the Murphy Wallbed?
- No, you will need to have or purchase a mattress separately. Most Murphy Wallbeds will accommodate up to a 12" mattress, either innerspring or memory foam.
- Do I need a box spring?
- No, you do not need a box spring; your mattress will sit on the box of the Murphy Wallbed.
- What about ceiling fans?
- Ceiling fans need to be measured and accounted for so please consider this in the measuring process.
- Can the Murphy Wallbed be opened and closed easily?
- Yes, the way the pistons are positioned on the bed compensate for the weight. The pistons look and operate comparable to the pistons on a hatch back, meaning they have the same smooth operation when opening and closing the bed.
- What keeps the mattress in place when the Murphy Wallbed is closed?
- There are straps in the middle of the bed, which hold the mattress into place. When the bed is in the upright position the mattress will not move or touch the wall. This allows you to hang artwork on the wall, which will make the bed more decorative when the Murphy wall bed is open.
- Can I leave bedding on the Murphy Wallbed when it is closed?
- You may leave sheets, blankets, and a comforter on the bed as long as they are tucked in around the mattress before you close the Murphy Wallbed. Pillows must be removed before closing.
CARING FOR YOUR MURPY WALLBED
Caring for Murphy Wallbed is easier than you think! Many people enjoy having solid wood furniture because it’s so easy to maintain. Cleaning regularly (about once a week) with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth does the job well. Oils from skin will build up on wood and possibly damage the finish, so it’s important to clean regularly.
Slightly dampen the cloth. This will help the dust stay on the cloth rather than get tossed up into the air only to settle back down where you just cleaned. Be sure to wipe dry immediately after.
Wipe in the same direction as the wood grain. Don’t do circles or go across the grain as this may leave streaking or scratching. You can also dip a cloth in non-alkaline soap and warm water. Wring it nearly dry and work on small parts at a time, making sure to dry as you go along.
Dangers to Your Furniture:
- Neglect is one of the most prevalent dangers to your furniture. Fine furniture can last decades and beyond. One of the ways you can make sure your furniture lasts, is with regular cleaning.
- Extreme heat, cold and moisture damage the finish of the wood. Always use thick, protective padding between the furniture and the item(s) you are placing on the furniture. Cotton, linen or felt cloth are the best protective padding.
- Placing containers filled with liquid directly on wood causes a "sweating" effect, transferring moisture from the glass to the table. Using coasters will prevent these water ring stains from damaging your furniture and your wallet. Potted plants going on the furniture should always be in a plant saucer, on top of a protective pad so the bottom of the saucer won’t damage the wood. Beware of "home remedies" for water ring stains as they may damage your furniture even more.
- Rubber, cork, vinyl, or plastic can seriously damage your furniture. A protective padding made of cotton, linen or felt cloth work very well to protect your investment.
- Avoid harsh chemicals or cleaning agents. Silicone-based polishes are not recommended for fine furniture. Long term use can cause the lacquer to split and break down. It leaves a residue on the surface as well, causing future restoration problems. If you’re looking for a product to help you clean, Touch Of Oranges is a moisturizing wood cleaner and reconditioner for all types of wood and finishes. It’s also available in our store.
- Products that contain solvents can damage wood, avoid using them on or near your furniture. (Nail polish remover, hair spray, perfume, etc.)
- UV rays from the sun will discolor and damage wood over time. Avoid direct sunlight when possible or use filters like blinds, drapes, table cloths, etc. to help reduce exposure.
- Lift, don’t drag objects across your furniture. This can cause serious, noticeable damage to your furniture that may be difficult and expensive to repair.
- Wood expands in the summer and contracts in the winter. Extreme weather changes or drastic altitude changes can damage your furniture as well. Air conditioning will help cool your furniture on those hot summer days. For those cold dry winter nights, a humidifier will keep moisture in the air.
We feel so confident in our workmanship that we guarantee our furniture for life. Should the furniture fail at any time during the life of the original owner due to defects in workmanship or material (not due to normal wear, misuse, neglect or abuse); we will repair or replace it at our discretion.
All mechanical devices used in conjunction with Stuart David Furniture (such as drawer glides, locks, and other hardware items) are guaranteed for a period of 5 years under normal use by the original owner.
This warranty does NOT apply to defects resulting from abuse, alterations or accidents.
With our lifetime promise and proper care, your Stuart David furniture is sure to be enjoyed for generations to come.